I miss the 90’s…
We’ll miss you.
What a year. Lot’s of sad stuff, lots of fun stuff. Here was some of my favorite fun.
- King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard – Nonagon Infinity
- WOODS – The Sun Eater in the River of Light
- Ray LayMontagne – Ouroboros
- Hamilton Leithauser + Rostam – I Had a Dream That You Were Mine
- Thee Oh Sees – A Weird Exits
- DIIV – Is The Is Are
- The Lumineers – Cleopatra
- The James Hunter Six – Hold On!
- WOODS – Can’t See At All
- The Barr Brothers – The Widow’s Lawn
- Hamilton Leithauser + Rostam – In a Black Out
- DIIV – Under the Sun
- Ray LaMontagne – While It Still Beats
Favorite Album (Re)Discoveries
- LCD Soundsystem – The Long Goodbye
- White Zombie – La Sexorcisto: Devil Music Volume 1
- Twenty One Pilots – Blurryface
- Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats – Jun 1, The Orpheum
- Broken Lizard – Nov 11, Comedy Club on State
- Cake w/Dr. Dog – Sep 9, Breese Stevens Field
Favorite TV Shows
- Stranger Things
- Black Mirror – Season 3
- Better Call Saul – Season One
- Halt & Catch Fire – Season 2
- Game of Thrones / The West Wing (finally started one, and finally finished the other)
- Midnight Special
- The Witch
- The Lobster*
- Finding Dory
- 10 Cloverfield Lane
- …(still have so many to see)
Happy New Year, everyone! I’ll see ya next year 🙂
*About 2/3rds of the way thru this one, but I think it’ll make this spot on the list.
The curtain falls on 2016 and we begin again. Planning and preparing, we plot along, ceaselessly searching for answers and ways to improve…everything. Any unfinished life deserves tending to. Alas, I’m shit in the gardens and fields. Don’t have the back for it. Or patience. Regardless, when there’s work to be done…
Dear 2017 Ryan,
In the upcoming year let’s work on the following:
- Listen more. Speak less. WAIT for people to finish before railroading. Stop thinking you know what they’re going to say; YOU DON’T. You’re no prognosticator and you have very little figured out. Shut it. Listen, learn.
- Spend more time with loved ones. Spend less time on meaningless crap. Waste time with your beautiful wife. Build with legos. Engineer sprawling forts. Dance. Make movies and write songs with your boys. The years they slip by taking these delightful childhoods with them. Hold on for as long as you can. Never let go.
- All that crap from last year’s list.