So Rolling Stone magazine released it’s
highly anticipated year-end “Best Of” lists?
To that I counter: Meh. What’s what ain’t known till I drop this brilliance. And so I give you…
THE BEST TRACKS OF 2012
- 10 – Beach House – On The Sea
- 9 – The Shins – Simple Song
- 8 – Chappo – Come Home
- 7 – First Aid Kit – Emmylou
- 6 – Alabama Shakes – Hold On
- 5 – The Lumineers – Ho Hey
- 4 – Grizzly Bear – Yet Again
- 3 – Cloud Nothings – Wasted Days
It was a real squeaker between these top two tracks. I have listened to each more times than I have slept through the night this year, and each possess it’s own effects that transcend infectious head-bobbing and non-secular flashbacks; they just freakin MOVED me.
If they are any indication of what’s in store for us over the next couple years….well, I cannot tell you how excited I am for music fans.
- 2 – Electric Guest – Troubleman
- 1 – Father John Misty – Hollywood Forever Cemetery Sings
A few honorable mentions:
- Live And Die – The Avett Brothers
- Origins – Tennis
- I Will Wait – Mumford & Sons
- Of Monsters and Men – Mountain Sound
- We Are Young – fun.
- Take a Walk – Passion Pit